Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

fighting back (exec)     10 December 2013

Evidence of wife in dv case

hi all,

my dv case is in evidence stage, my wife to need submit evidence in dv case filed by her.

i want to know what kind of possible evidence can a woman give to prove her dv case?

can a letter given by her ownself in the police station (no action or statement taken of husband by the police) is evidence enough in dv case

what are the kinds of evidences does one need to give to prove a dv case

thanks

Learning

4 Replies

fighting for my brother (HR)     10 December 2013

its should be some witness.. some medical reports etc....only talking will not help..her in court..

Shekhar (Proprietor)     10 December 2013

I fully agree with "Fighting for my Brother"

(Guest)

The Kerala High Court had stated in a case that in a proceeding initiated under the provisions of the Domestic Violence Act, the strict rule of evidence are not attracted. This means that the evidences need not be proved to the hilt.

Documents relied upon by women for claiming compensation under domestic violence law before magistrate courts need not be examined strictly by courts as is done in criminal cases.

The evidences that can be given from the side of wife in a DV case may include the police report, the medical report or report of the violent behavior of the husband and the like. The letter by the woman to the police station cannot be evidence enough in a DV case. Other evidences also need to be given to substantiate the claim of the wife.

You should consult an expert in this regard. You can call me at 09555 507 507 or send me a mail at info@lawkonect.com

-Regards

Advocate Pooja

www.lawkonect.com

2 Like

fighting back (exec)     12 December 2013

thank you pooja for your kind reply, appreciate your advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register