Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vijay   04 August 2015

Equal right for women

hi
My father in law is having 20 acres of land near Hyderabad. He purchased the land in 2005 he registered the land on my mother in laws name .He is having three daughters and one son .I have married elder daughter sill two daughters are left for marriage.Here my question is my wife have equal share what my brother in law have. And other thing if my father in law will change the property towards his son .Will my wife get equal share .Plz reply me

Learning

4 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     04 August 2015

its her self aquired property and she give it to anyone she wishes to give.noone can claim share in it unless she wills it on their name or she gifts it to someone

Adv. Sagar R. Jadhav (Proprietor)     04 August 2015

Yes As per Hindu Succession Act daughter can get share in her mother or father's aquired property if she married after 2005.

Its totally depend on wish of mother in law to give any share to her daughter i.e. your wife or not.

Your wife can claim said right through court.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     04 August 2015

what adv sagar had suggested is true for ancestral property but in this case its self aquired property of the mil.hence no claim can be made by the daughters unless mil dies intestate

A.VIVEK ADVOCATE (ADVOCATE)     04 August 2015

Dureing her life time of your mother in law she can dispose or settle that property her wish

if not so  after her death both son and dauhters are having equal shar 

marital status of the son and daughter are immeterial for sharing the property 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register