Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sumitkapr (n/a)     29 June 2008

Employee Code

Dear Seniors,

I am working in the HR Department of one of South India based pvt company. We have various branches in 4 different states in south india.  Now we want to open in Northern INdia. So we are planning to open a zonal office in northern India, from where we control the branches of northern India.

We have already started recruting staff for Northern India branches. Now my questions is that Can we give from starting the employee code to our northern India employee, instead of giving continuous employee code which we issue from our head office in south India.

Is it legally correct?

I am asking the question because in this case the company is one but the employee code to south branch staff will be issued from the head office in south India and in case north India staff the employee code will be issued from our north India zonal office.

Please suggest me Will it be legally right or wrong?

With regards,

Sumit Kapoor

Learning

5 Replies

Guest (n/a)     29 June 2008

i don't think u can have different employee code different regions/zones

Guest (n/a)     30 June 2008

Giving  Code no. to employee is completely administrative and accounting prerogative. You are not voilating any of the labour laws or implicating any other laws.

Employee Code serves as a Control. Identification and adminsitrative assistance.

You may use a different series for your North India Region.

podicheti.srinivas (advocate/legal consultant)     30 June 2008

as it is an administrative measure  you are undertaking ,and you are at liberty to frame your own mechanism for your internal management,but the above exercise  should not  be used for any discriminatory  practises against your employees.so long you have not voilated any provisions of labour legislations or the law of the land no penal provisions will attract you.

sumitkapr (n/a)     30 June 2008

thanks for your valuable advice

sumitkapr (n/a)     30 June 2008

thanks dear for your valuable advice

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register