Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pushkar (Mr)     07 February 2014

Easement entitlements

Dear experts,

There is a 30 ft  passage which is through my private property that I use for getting to my other property and some other people from a set of apartments use it as an easement. 

However, they want to install a sign at the main gate of the passage which I am not allowing since it is my private property and they are only entitled to use it as an easement. I want to put signs on the gate to make sure that it is clearly stated that it is my private property and road. Can you please suggest what to put.

I was thinking of signs such as " Tresspassers will be prosecuted" and " No through fare" or "This is a private road".

Can you please suggest legally correct signs that I can enforce on my private road keeping in mind the easementary status as well.

Thanks a lot in advance for your precious time.

Learning

2 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     09 February 2014

If 30 feet is mentioned in your sale deed, you can prevent them from going ahead, by filing bare suit for not to disturb the peaceful possession of the property, if it is common area u have no chance to prevent them,

Pushkar (Mr)     09 February 2014

Dear Sir, 

The path is mentioned in my sale deed and also the sale deed of the other people. The land on which the path is is in my name. They use it only as an easement. So I want them to use it only as an easement and not put any hoardings or anything as it is still my private property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register