LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

satish.purushotham (service)     30 July 2016

Duughter's right in her fathers property

My grandfather had two sons and a daughter,he expired in the year 1956.In the year 1999,my uncle and my father has divided the property earned by my grand father,by a registered,deed in the year 1999,with out giving any share to their sister,she has been married in the year 1967,my grand father has not executed any will.Now,father's sister is claiming her share in her father's property,please advice.

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 July 2016

It is believed that you are Hindu.

Daughter has a share in self acquired property of father.

Succession opens on date of death of owner.

Show all mutation record, link documents to a very able counsel specializing in revenue/family/property/civil matters for a considered opinion.

Try to resolve amicably.

Or your counsel may opine that daughter can claim share in property and enjoyment of property thru court of law.

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     30 July 2016

Dear Querist , daughters had no right over the fathers as well as ancessostral property before the partition or mutation done before year 2004 as per the Hindu sucession amendement act 2005 . Daughetrs have full right over the self acquired property of father died intestate as well in ancessostral property after the implementation of hindu sucession amendment act 2005.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register