Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sathish   18 January 2017

Duration to wait for remarriage after exparty divorce

Hi All,

I got married in Nov 2013, after a month my ex-wife got seperated from me as she is love with some other person.

After having family discussion for 6 months eventhough she didn't turned up to join me I filed petiton in Distric court on 10/05/2014 requesting her to join matrimonal home, It went for 1 year 6 months in which she has attended the court 2 times.

On 2 Dec 2015 we both came to conculsion to leave separately and wrote the same on 20 rupees bond paper with our own handwriting (in presence of my mother, my ex-wife father, one mediator and both lawyers) and exchanged the same i.e her own handwritten 20 rupees bond paper is with me.

My ex-wife family said they file in the court for divorce, but even after 1 month they didn't filed in court, so I filed for divorce in Distric court, she received summons but she didn't attended to court, after 2 hearings Judge declared ex-parte ( We also appealed the judge about my petiton on 10/05/2014) and I got ex-parte divorce on 30 April 2016.

Now I'm getting marriage proposals and one of mandal court lawyer said to the new bride family that my ex-wife has a chance to come into my life again and she can file a case againt me in the Court, but my lawyer says I don't have to go through any further consequences and my ex-wife doesn't have any right to come into my life again.

My questions are:

1. Is there any chance for ex-wife to come into my life ?

2. What are the precautions I can take so that my ex-wife won't come into my life again.

NOTE: I don't know whether she got married or not, we both are Hindus.

I request the Whole Lawyer community in this site for help.

Thanks,
Sathish

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Sathish
Hi All,

I got married in Nov 2013, after a month my ex-wife got seperated from me as she is love with some other person.

After having family discussion for 6 months eventhough she didn't turned up to join me I filed petiton in Distric court on 10/05/2014 requesting her to join matrimonal home, It went for 1 year 6 months in which she has attended the court 2 times.

On 2 Dec 2015 we both came to conculsion to leave separately and wrote the same on 20 rupees bond paper with our own handwriting (in presence of my mother, my ex-wife father, one mediator and both lawyers) and exchanged the same i.e her own handwritten 20 rupees bond paper is with me.

My ex-wife family said they file in the court for divorce, but even after 1 month they didn't filed in court, so I filed for divorce in Distric court, she received summons but she didn't attended to court, after 2 hearings Judge declared ex-parte ( We also appealed the judge about my petiton on 10/05/2014) and I got ex-parte divorce on 30 April 2016.

Now I'm getting marriage proposals and one of mandal court lawyer said to the new bride family that my ex-wife has a chance to come into my life again and she can file a case againt me in the Court, but my lawyer says I don't have to go through any further consequences and my ex-wife doesn't have any right to come into my life again.

My questions are:

1. Is there any chance for ex-wife to come into my life ?

2. What are the precautions I can take so that my ex-wife won't come into my life again.

NOTE: I don't know whether she got married or not, we both are Hindus.

I request the Whole Lawyer community in this site for help.

Thanks,
Sathish

90 days appeal period is over where your wife could have gone for appeal to High Court.  So you can jollywell tie the knot again without any fear or past wife, but there is ample scope for future wife to file umpteen number of cases on you and your loved ones.  So think before you tie the knot again, once you tie it, its very difficult to untie it, not every person is like your exwife who will let you go off easily.

1 Like

Sathish   18 January 2017

Thanks for the response.

But I don't know my ex-wife received Divorce papers from court or not, will it cause any problem ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More