Don't abuse women empowerment laws: sc judge

CHENNAI: Justice Ranjana P Desai of the Supreme Court has cautioned women lawyers about the possible abuse of laws, which were made to give relief to women.

“Stringent laws have been enacted for the benefit of disadvantaged women. Undoubtedly, they must be used to give justice to disadvantaged women. But, as responsible lawyers, you must use these laws with care and circumspection and only in ge-nuine cases,” Justice Ranjana said while delivering the key-note address at the inauguration of a two-day national seminar of the All India Federation of Women Lawyers (AIFWL), hosted by the TN Federation of Women Lawyers, on Saturday.

“Even 65 years after Independence and enactment of various Acts and Laws for the welfare of women and children, their status has not improved much, she noted. Most of the women lived in sub-human conditions and were treated like chattel. Women lawyers must reach out to them,” she said.

Inaugurating the seminar, Supreme Court senior judge P Sathasivam said that the judiciary had played a major role in coming to the rescue of women. “The contribution of the judiciary for the improvement of the status of women, ensuring of their rights and equality, could be seen from the judgments issued then and there. The media too, had played a vital role in highlighting the problems of women,” he added.

“Women are as competent as men,” claimed Justice D Murugesan. The judge also released a souvenir on the occasion. Union Minister of State for Environment and Forests Jayanthi Natarajan said, “Women should be given more opportunities and gender bias should be eliminated.”

http://expressbuzz.com/cities/chennai/don%E2%80%99t-abuse-women-empowerment-laws-judge/351084.html

Total likes : 2 times

Worker

thanx for the update;

LAW STUDENT

This is a Judgemnt or Quote of the Judge's talking at LUNCH BREAK with colleagues/friends?;)

Worker

@ @@pragya###

read the post carefully to find when & where the Quote is uttered.

further, what makes u give the expression - ;) ??

LAW STUDENT

A) Actually her face is gud as shown in profile picture but dam her one eye is hit by her hubby for dowry. She is KANI.  

(Now u dont ask wats the above thumb is doing. its secret and she knows it)

Oh ho...how did you know the truth?Were you together in jail with my hubby?

Yes he made me kani, yet my imaginary case is fake ..because 498A na...98% are fake.

You know all conviction rate is only 2%...yet you people are scared of....why don't you accused people sit at home and celebrate your False498A future defeat?why each and everyday cry for women biased laws and start new thread to get sympathy?

Amit my expression was because of author's celebration on the above statement of the SC judge....as if dowry /cruelty is itself a fake word!!!!

Worker

@ @@pragya###

Amit my expression was because of author's celebration on the above statement

Dear Maam' ,

where did u see the author celebrating ?

he is just putting forward a news !

none

Madam,

As you said 2%conviction rate.

But people are angry, that despite conviction of only 2% nothing is being done to undo the damage it is causing society.

To achieve such aquittal it takes years, stress and money that may run into lakhs that the accused can ill afford.

In the end even if the accused win what recourse do they have-claim damages? They will have to spend a few more years in the tardy court system -if at all they can get their cases registered! That is the situation.

The law presumes that accused people are guilty and takes measures to restrain their freedom,impose heavy costs etc all upfront-without the conviction. There is no mechanism for cost recovery once they win.

Exposing injustice and fighting against it is necessary for a society to survive. People who have spoken and acted against dowry evil are now facing false charges.This is what frustrates them.

You think only women fought against dowry?

Originally posted by :Vijay************
"
@ @@pragya###

Amit my expression was because of author's celebration on the above statement

Dear Maam' ,

where did u see the author celebrating ?

he is just putting forward a news !
"

Perfect Quote that Suits Pragya...

"I listen to feminists and all these radical gals -- most of them are failures. They've blown it. Some of them have been married, but they married some Casper Milquetoast who asked permission to go to the bathroom. These women just need a man in the house. That's all they need. Most of the feminists need a man to tell them what time of day it is and to lead them home. And they blew it and they're mad at all men. Feminists hate men. They're s*xist. They hate men -- that's their problem."
- Jerry Falwell

I actually take offense to this. I am not saying that torture cannot be from both sides, but the odds are against the women's favour- As someone who is suffering immense mental torture, I have this to say. We leave our family homes and our people and live with the husband's family.

We are suddenly asked to change ourselves completely overnight and if we cannot do something according to the in-laws tastes, we aren't capable of anything. Our mother's teach us everything they know and was taught to them, but all that learning is wasted when we go into a new house among strange people who expect us to unlearn everything and learn their ways.. we do that too... We are treated like outsiders because we are not born in the family. Untill we have children, we remain guests. We are supposed to make everyone feel special , no one bothers to give us one special day...All they do is expect us to telepathically know what they want. 

We are expected to adjust and sacrifice(two words I heard the most in my marriage) and not say a word . While anyone comes along and says what they want to and moves on. If anything at all goes wrong , we are conveniently blamed for it. If its not us directly, it must be the bad luck we bring to the family. 

We are expected to work to bring in good money and then at the end of the day return home to cook, clean and look after the kids too. And in all thisif we want to take a breath for ourselves we are told that we are kaamchor. No matter what we do we are misunderstood and boycotted.

We are people who end up living alone with a group of strangers who corner us at every opportunity they get. Marriages are now not marriages at all. It is just a way of securing a dumping bag in the form of a wife and a daughter-in-law.  

Men have the support of their family, we are left alone in the cold. we are twisted and turned till we become what they want. We lose our identities. Do you really want your daughters to end up this way? After all the effort my father put in educating me and gave me so much love, just for me to end up being a doormat. 

And I worked, but after running around at work, I didn't have the strength to run around for the in-laws... a human being has limited energy. No one wanted to share my work load. 

I have gone out in the rain in high fever to bring vegetables while my husband watched cricket. I have been severly sick and no one bothered with me. 

This still happens. Inspite of all the sweet talk- she's our daughter now, she's a member of our family now....please.... It doesn't matter if it's 2012. If we cannot legally define our affliction, we have to choose the one that is closest to it. These laws help us that way. Ask the person who is going through it.

These laws are made by keeping the majority in mind. Nobody wants to end up alone and nobody wants their marriage to end.  

And to those who think this is a matter to joke about...you are not the ones who have to cry alone or contemplate suicide. Just looking at your replies here , would make me not hire people like you for any case. 

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu