Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kapdawala (Manager)     29 January 2015

Do both parties in mutual need to be present @ final date

Hi,

We have applied for divorce on mutual grounds.

Our final hearing or hearing after the 6 months period is on 27th feb.

We are doing this in mumbai family court, but i am in a different city now.

Do i need to appear before the court for the final hearing?

Since we have done all the formalities and done counselling etc is it mandatory!

under what circumstances can i be excused from the appearance

thanks

Learning

4 Replies

Jayashree Hariharan (Advocate)     29 January 2015

yes. because the six months is cooling period and on that hearing day you will have mediation and short evidence. the case will end. after that only the judgement date will be given.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     29 January 2015

both the parties should appear on the date given for the concent in the presence of judge and it is final 

without either party again court will give date so be present on that date and take the order 

saravanan s (legal advisor)     29 January 2015

you both need to appear together after six months of filing petition and again you will be called after another six months and thats the time the judgement would be pronounced

amitk   29 January 2015

The answer is YES. Both parties need to be present on the final judgement date. Both parties have to sign the Court's original order in Judge's presence. The judgement paper is then tagged with an Exibit number. You get to read the judgement in Court, but you don't get an attested copy of it immediately. You have to apply for a copy by paying Court fees. In a matter of 15 days or so, the copy of Judgement is also available as a PDF document on https://court.mah.nic.in (this link is applicable to Maharashtra state only)

Hope this answers your question. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register