LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek (NA)     20 August 2014

Divorce with an intellectually disable person

I am currently working in a city in South India as a software professional and I got married last year. I was getting a lot of doubts and getting frustrated because of her behavior and thought to consult a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist confirmed that she is intellectually disable and her mind is as developed as 8-10 years old kid. I have never brought her with me because of this situation as I was scared how would I be able to handle the situation. Now I have asked for a divorce. I have been getting calls from them that they will put a dowry harassment case on me and spoil my career. Even though out of all the marriage expenses, i.e. 15 lac, we had paid the 12.5 lac and apart from this there were some petty gifts such as a TV, DVD player, some household utensils and some clothes. We did not ask them for a single penny. But I believe that they did this with me as when they saw our family and background, there was not even a single case of divorce even in such cases. But I was not ready to live my life like this and asked for a divorce.

Now my question is can I file a case in the city I am working rather than in my home state Rajasthan, even though she has never come here to live with me. What are the problem and issues, if I file it here. Do I need to pay for their travel expenses too?

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 August 2014

you can file for divorce on the ground of  Suffering from incurable diseases and insanity. You can file the divorce petition in The jurisdiction of court is where both of you last reside or place of marriage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register