LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Goutam Paramanick (English Reporter)     04 October 2016

Divorce under special marriage act

Sir, my wife left me since 6th September, 2014. Already two years passed. Can I file an application under desertion ground? Besides, family of my wife suppressed my wife's illness - Endometriosis is a critical problem of Gynaecology. This disease is her past major illness which is mentioned in her case sheet of her recent treatment. Moreover, she had problems of Thyroid, bilateral spondylosis and Asthma. Can I mention those diseases in my divorce application? My wife was entitled under Government of West Bengal Health Scheme-2008. Her treatment was done under WBHS-2008 as I am an officer of W.B. Government. I submitted all the cash receipts in original for reimbursement in my office. Government of West Bengal reimbursed all the expenditure to me. But wife's relatives submitted her medical tests reports and other documents before the district Court and claimed that her widow mother and her cousin brothers spent the money for her treatment. Can anyone submit and claim in this way that they have spent all the expenditure of their sister/daughter for her treatment showing these documents? Please reply me what will do?

Learning

2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     04 October 2016

Sir, 

You can seek divroce on the ground of desertion and fraud. 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

(Guest)
No grounds for seeking divorce. U have option of surrogate mother. Or adoption. What if new wife has much bigger health issue than this? Please think.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register