Divorce or annulment

Hi, I'm working in europe and register marriage under HMA in Dec '13 before actual marriage (which was planned in third quarter of 2014) . Now the girl doesn't want to marry. What shall be done to dissolve this marriage? Should i wait and apply for Mutual consent divorce or are there any other ways to get rid of this?


if u r hindu & no homa - saptapadi performed, the marriage is void.

mere registration of void marriage does convert it to a valid marriage.

Total likes : 1 times


Please can you let me know the procedure to make this void?


well, they are not aiming for money. some misunderstanding between me and the girl grew bigger and now the girl doesnt wants to marry. How can we part legally, since the register marriage is done under Hindu Marriage Act?


The only option left with you  is that you have to wait for one year from the date of registration of marriage and apply for divorce on mutual consent which will take another six months for dissolving the marriage by a decree of divorce.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu