Distribution_ancestral property by karta during litigation

Dear Sir,

Can a Deed of family settlement for EQUAL Distribution of Ancestral property by Father-and-Karta of a Hindu Joint Family among all its 6 coparcenars (including Karta) be made by the said Father-and-Karta, when a case for partition has already been filed in a lower court, by one of the coparcenors ( ie his Son) for partition, thereby disrupting the joint family status of the family.

best regards AK Sinha


There is nothing wrong.  In any case, one has already demanded partition.  The Karta has only done partition.  The pending court case will not come in the way of effecting such a partition.  You also did not state that there was any stay order from the Court.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu