LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prakash   27 December 2017

Dishonored message received due to overwirte signature

Hi Team, Recently I bought one house and I have given two cheque leaf to my builder , but in one cheque leaf I have missed the word Lakh (two lakh forty six thousand ) , I have got the cheque leaf and same gap is their I wrote and signed it for correction but my builder he deposited the cheque leaf and I got dishonored message even though in my account amount is available . Kindly help me how to sort this issues ,

Learning

7 Replies

SUNIL KUMAR (apprentice)     27 December 2017

Simply give your builder another cheque. If you are afraid of any litigation arising out of it , don't worry. Such matters be resolved amicably. You may get some one as a mediator.

Sir , I don't have any issues to provide another cheque leaf but existing cheque number already mentioned in my sale deed . Later any issues will occur ?

Sir , I don't have any issues to provide another cheque leaf but existing cheque number already mentioned in my sale deed . Later any issues will occur ?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 December 2017

Once the matter is settled you can rectify the same with another deed.  Or you can just sign for all alterations and present the same cheque number once again to he same bank.  Are we not making alterations, striking it and contibuting full signatures to get that cheque honored, when we visit a Bank with just one cheque leaf for encashment.  There may be material alterations, but it should be authenticated by drawer's full signature.  This is very very simple matter.  Contact your banker and explain the problem.

Thank you sir ..

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 December 2017

I deserve for such "Thanks" only when the suggestion works and if your problem is solved.

Ajay sharma   27 December 2017

Contact me directly, 

AJAY SHARMA 
Advocate 
HIGH COURT of j&k
Supreme COURT of india
Cell 09906298380, 07780894498 

Kindly note
Consultation fee of 4000/-

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register