Discrepancy in name

Dear Lawyer,

We have a strange problem appeared with name. My close relative, a central govt. servent,  has expired recently while in service due to illness.

His complete name is “Morampudi Satheesh Chandra Choudary”. (Surname is Morampudi)

As the name is very lengthy, he did mention his name as “M S C Choudhary” in many official documents such as Aadhar card, PANcard, insurance document, employer records etc. 

Whereas In passport, land records &  other asset documents it is mentioned  with his full name.

Now upon his death, to issue a death certificate,  muncipal authorities are telling that they can write only one name as per any id document that is submitted. We suspect this may create problem while claiming insurance policies or employment benifits since his name is mentioned in abbreviated form.

how to get his name in death certificate with “Morampudi Satheesh Chandra Choudary” alias “M S C Choudhary” 

kindly suggest how to proceed with this typical situation 

Thanks & Regards




His wife may give affidavit to be attested by a Notary that her husband "Morampudi Satheesh Chandra Choudary" was called as M.S.C.Choudary and hence in his certificates it was noted as such.  if necessary her children may also give affidavit to that effect.


Thank you for the reply.

kindly advise, what is required to be done after noterizing the affidavit. Where to produce it to get the death certificate.


U file affidavit stating that morampadi___'__&m.s.c. Chau. Is one and same

If the Death Certificate is obtained for the purpose of getting claim settled from LIC, Bank Deposits and getting arrears from Office, you may obtain the Dealth Certificate as per the name in those (LIC, Bank and Office) records. In your query itself you mentioned that shortened version name only was written in all records excepting land and asset records.


When it comes to the Land and Asset records, the Wife of of the deceased may give a notarised affidavit that both the names relate to the same persion as noted in the Land/Asset records.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu