LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anup shukla   17 October 2017

Dil vs mil

Can daughter get right to live in hoise owned by mil if dil filled domestic voilence and asking right if reaidence and maintenance.. she living with her husband in same house which is self owned of mil .....plz guide me

Learning

4 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     17 October 2017

No. The residence order can be passed against the husband only not against mother in law. If the house belongs to MIL than she should throw out both the son and DIL out. Let husband take another place to live where wife can seek and get residency order from the court.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     17 October 2017

Daughter in law has no legal right to claim right of residence in the property belongs to mother in law or father in law.she can claim such right if property belongs to her husband.

Respected sir both of u....i am very thankful to u...can i have ur no.or email.so i can discuss my case in brief..the dil has filed 498 a against fil..mil...and bil...but husband not party....in year 2012....she filled d.v in 2014 in which she asked right of residence and maintenance from my mother..

Dil father and brother is an advocate...and the worst thing is that my brother supporting the wife and inlaws bcz of property...i eana know if they prove that d.v happen so dil can have right for residence and maintenance..my brother is working in private company andsalary is near 40000 thousand...guide me sir plz..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register