LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priya   17 October 2018

Damaged my scooty

I brought my scooty 2 months ago. I had taken flat for rent and I parked my scooty at parking area of flat. The watch man's son 7 year old boy damaged my scooty seat with knife .I told his parents about his mistake instead of guiding that child they started arguments. Hence it's not my mistake and their parents responsiblity to look after their child they must give recovery money for damage. Can I get recovery for the damages by parents or I should do it by myself???...since im Student it's difficult for me to bear that amount.please suggest me.

Learning

4 Replies

Sudheendra (Social worker )     18 October 2018

While the process of "getting recovery for the damages" can be elaborated and since you are a student, firstly go to the seat making shop and find out the cost of fixing the damaged seat.

Report the incident to the management of the flat/apartment against the nuisance of the child, they should be able to handle it better.

Inform your parents and seek their financial help or your friends' financial help to fix the seat.

Next time be a little more careful where you park your vehicle. 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     18 October 2018

No legal dispute for analyses and guidance by exeprts, settle the matter amicably.

Priya   18 October 2018

Why I should not claim for the damage of my scooty what if that boy burns bike with fire?? . There no justice for students?. Only to the working people?.

Sudheendra (Social worker )     18 October 2018

Well in that case, go to police station and give a written complaint.

Wait for the police to complete investigation.

Inform your vehicle insurance company, wait for them to complate investgation. (if they decline your claim, refer to the last line)

Based on the conclusion of the investigation, the police may either file chargesheet against the boy or dismiss your claim.

If the chargesheet if filed and the boy is unable to pay for damages, file a recovery suit through an advocate.

If police file a B report, then make a private complaint through an advocate in the competent court.

Once the trial is completed, you may or maynot get reimbursed.

Then you may have to approach your parents/ friends for financial help to fix the seat of your vehicle.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More