LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Law Haressed   19 August 2015

Criminal writ petition in mumbai hc

I am charged with 498a, with couple of other charges related to marriage.

I have engaged lawyer in session court and mumbai high court, but am frustrated with the way they work and the advise they give.

I want to take matters in my hands and understand the entire process of litigation, filing petition in high court so that I am manage my own matter.

Can some one please guide/advise if there some kind of reading material / other way to learn the process.

To beging with, for example i want to file a criminal writ petition my self in high court. Can someone please guide me the process and other finer details.

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 August 2015

Read Indian family laws, CRPC.,CPC.,Evidence act, Affidavit act,Family court act, Learn drafting the petition through senior lawyers.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     20 August 2015

Any person what to say of law graduate, can file his own case before any court of law in India subject to permission of concerned court.

Sir, You can defend your own case. But the chances for a party to succed are very less. The court procedures are not known to the party in person. It is better to have an advocate.

If you are thinking of filling and defending your own case you can do that but please ensure that you are through in Law. This is Battle Field is different then what you would have experienced but yes you can do that.

Writ Petitions cannot be filed by email howver some high courts are having e filling. In Supreme court you can file your petition using E filling.

Law Haressed   20 August 2015

Thanks Rama. Since i am non-legal person, I request you to please give me name of books, which will have some cases/citations/sample applications.

I will approach senior lawyer, but before that i want to do my home work and be prepared from my side.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     20 August 2015

U will get all the material in any of the book shops selling law books.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More