Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ZNin Teknajz (Self Employed)     28 June 2016

Credit card unpaid for last 90 days. need 1 month time

Hello,

I am a businessman from Mumbai. I have been using 3 credit cards for past 5+ years now and had never run into a situation like present. All my 3 credit cards are over utilized and in blocked status at present.
I have not been able to pay any amounts for past 90 days.

Reasons: Family hospitalizations (important operations etc.), payments I recieve from my businesses are stuck for last 4 months and cannot expect the same within 3 months more.

Even @ present all my existing family, office and other expenses are going from my savings.  (liquid cash in hand)

I have however, sold one of my old investments (a real estate property) to clear all our outstanding dues. I am expecting the funds anywhere in the month of July. I dont want to be a defaulter as credit cards are required to make our international payments.. (without which wont be able to run the business).

Need your guidance as I am receiving letters from banks about non-payments and requesting to make the same within 10-15 days of time or legal actions shall be taken.

I will request some opinions, as I dont want to be a defaulter, as never have ran into these situation since last 12+ years I am using credit cards. But only due to sudden family and financial problems, I am in a bitter financial trouble.

Thank You.

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 June 2016

RBI has issued guidelines to consider hardships.

Puruse RBI: Master Circular On Credit Card Operations.

You need to engage the Bank/CC company for time and remove deliquency from Credit History, after you pay.

JustAdvisor (IT)     28 June 2016

you will make a stronger case with Bank if majority of your credit card expenses are for necessities or emergencies. Bank categorises vendors and does statistical analysis on each delinquent customer.

ZNin Teknajz (Self Employed)     29 June 2016

Thank You very much for your time and help.

It gives me a little relief that I still have sometime.

I just did not understand, what exactly should i do ?

a. Should I visit bank personally to tell them about my situation and ask for time or contact RBI requesting 1 month additional period ?

Also facing lot of trouble from the recovery agents

Last week, while I was @ work someone came at home (while my wife and kid were alone, she was getting my kid ready to take to school.)  This recovery agent who came, said he wont leave the home (as the kid opened the door, these guy stepped in), till he gets a minimum payment. My wife urged him to leave and told him to come while I will be available and kid was getting late for school.. but he just sat down on sofa and denied to leave..)
This is really becoming scary for family now..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More