LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pravin chauhan (J W M)     07 February 2017

Counting of past service

I have worked with Indian railway as Junior Engineer from Sept 2000 to March 2004. After obtaining NOC to appear in the exam conducted by UPSC I have selected as Junior Works manager in Indian Ordnance Factories ( Min Of Defence).  I have left Railways to join Min Of Defence in March 2004 giving resignation which was duly accepted by competent authority. In my release letter from Railways it was also  mentioned to report to Director Genearl Indian Ordnance factories.

I was covered under old pension scheme  hence I,ve made no of representation to my new Department to continue me with old scheme and counting of my past service but no response recd from Headquarter as a result I was kept with NPS and no benefit of past service given to me.

On seeing the DOPT OFFICE MEMORANDUM Dated the etApril , 2016 regarding Technical resignation it seems that my case comes under this category. Though Technical was not mentioned in my resignation but other conditions are met.

"2. Technical Resignation

1.As per the Minis sv of Finance OM No. 3379-E.III (B)/65 dated the 17th June, 1965, the resignation is seated as a technical formality where a Government servant has applied through proper channel for a post in the same or some other Department, and is on selection, required to resign the previous post for administrative reasons. The resignation will be treated as technical resignation if these conditions are met, even if the Government servant has not mentioned the word "Technical" while submitting his resignation. The benefit of past service, if otherwise admissible under rules, may be given in such cases. Resignation in other cases including where competent authority has not allowed the Government servant to forward the application through proper channel will not be treated as a technical resignation and benefit of past service will not be admissible. Also, no question of benefit of a resignation being treated as a technical resignation arises in case of it being from a post held on ad hoc basis"

Please suggest how I Should take up.

P S Chauhan

Dehradun

Learning

5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 February 2017

10Please file a polite RTI Application seeking information as follows:

Information solicited:

1)Please provide specific reasons for inordinate delay in forwarding the needed confirmation on my old pension scheme, consideration of past service as per my representation dt........(A copy was provided as enclosure now)

2)Please provide further steps needed if any for getting such confirmation.

There is no format for application and your appllication can be in the form of a letter accompanied with RTI fee of Rs.10/- in the mode of Indian Postal order for Rs.10/- fvg.Accounts Officer, Indian Railways.

2.File this as grievance in online 'pgportal' as grievance.d

Hope some positive may emerge with both the efforts without any tension. if not then

3)Represent to DOPT for their interference through pgportal once again for directing Railways to do needful.

P. Venu (Advocate)     08 February 2017

Yes, first of all obtain the requisite information under RTI,  as suggested. 

(Guest)

Your information is quite incomplete without mention of the following information:

1) What were the conditions of recruitment of the JWM, as per the UPSC notification of post for recruitment: and

2) The status of your LPC and service book, if and when sent by your previous department to the new organization?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 February 2017

The RTI may not succeed inthis case.

The questons raised by Ld Mr Dingra can certainly lead to breack through.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 February 2017

RTI is never a remedy or destination, but it is a tool to know the facts, that may help to reach the destination.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register