Consumer complaint - where to file?

I have purchased a REDMI NOTE 4 mobile on 30/04/2017 and it has stopped working on 05/06/2017, the manufacturer does not reply to my complaints. I want to file a Consumer Case against the manufacturer Xiaomi who have their offices at Bengaluru, I reside in Mumbai and have purchased the mobile from the retailer in Mumbai. Can I file a Consumer Case in Mumbai? or do I have to approach Consumer Fora at Bengaluru? Please inform. Thanking you in anticipation. Mehta

You can approach the Consumer Court in Mumbai.


Retired employee.

As you have purchased the defective good in Mumbai, there is cause of action and deficiency at Mumbai, but before filing complaint issue a Registered notice under CP Act both to the seller and manufacturer , bringing their attention to the warranty/guarantee with such number , asking them to replace the piece within a month at their cost and expenses within a month.


Thank you for a prompt response. Senior citizen

As per sec 11 of Consumer Protection Act,Complaint can be filed at place where opposite parties resides or carries on buisiness or where cause of action partly or wholly arises.In your case dealer from  you purchased mobile  carries business at Mumbai also defects occured at mumbai  so you can file cccccomplaint at District Forum Mumbai.



Fully agreed with experts.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu