Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

TruLife   15 February 2018

Complaint on wife beaten by her father and brother

Background

1, My wife had a mis-carriage around 5 months back and doctors advised her rest for atleast 6 months. She decided to live at my in-laws place.

2. Around 4 weeks back she asked me to take her to my home. I was searching for a rented house but she got impatient and made a police complaint against me. I had gone to Police Station and promised to take her home in two weeks. Subsequently her father came to my residence, accompanied by two Police constables, and created a bit of drama there.

3. At this time I filed a counter complaint to Police SHO about repeated threats from her father and mother to me and my parents. I also sent this via Registered Post.

4. Unfortunately her father and brother developed a dislike towards me and asked her to take a divorce, which she flatly refused. As a result both had abused her badly and beaten her up with a leather belt.

5. She called me, and I accompanied her to the Police Station wherein she made a Police complaint against her father and brother. Police referred her to a govt hospital with a MLC, which subsequently the MLC was filled up by doctors with notes on the injuries she sustained.

6. On the next day I arranged a rental accomodation and asked her to take her original complaint back (about me) from the police station. But on the contrary she withdrew both her complaints, that is, complaint against me, and assult complaint against her father and brother.

7. She later told me that she withdrew complaint against her father and brother since she feared them. But she did not provide this information to the Police.

Question

I beleive this entire drama was created by her father and brother. And my complaint to Police was not pursued. So can I file a private complaint in the criminal court about the same, and that they had beaten my wife?

FYI - my wife wouldn't want to go against her father and brother, but I wish to. I have evidence in the form of her complaint to Police, MLC, Doctors Report and Telephone recording of conversations with me in which she alledged to have been beaten up by her father and brother.

Please advice.

Many thanks in advance!

Regards

Learning

2 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     17 February 2018

GIVEN FACTS INDICATE THAT (THOUGH HIDDEN BY YOU) THAT THERE WAS A DISCORD AND YOU NEEDED A RENTED ACCOMMODATION.

You approcah still peaars immature and not inclined to live peacefully.

TruLife   17 February 2018

@Sudhir Kumar - your reply doesn't answers my question. Please don't reply with this comments that doesn't make any sense. Thanks anyways. Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register