Complaint on police man

Need to file complaint against police man

Total likes : 1 times


Hello sir,

can you pls help to file a complaint against police man.. 



Just write the complaint and submit to the incharge offiier of the policeman against whome you want to file complaint, or file with the SP office against a recept .

If nothing happens file an application before Cheif Judicail Magestrate.



Thanks Bilal for your valuable suggestiion.. Can you please share the sample format to file a complaint against police?


Please check for POLICE COMPLAINT AUTHORITY in your state, as in each state the PCA was to be establsihed in terms of supreme court directions way back 2006.

If you could locate the PCA in your state then you can approach them and they will provide you a formate to fill and submit  

.Till now only Odisha have only specific prescribed format.The Person Can put a complaint by any medium like writing and send it by Post or Fax or submit it in person.

The complaint should be lodged ASAP after the incident taken. 

The complaint should be in writing and must include :

Your Name

Your Address

Your Contact details/Phone numbers.

You need to mention

What happened;

When it happened ;

Who you are complaining about, which includes the name and destination of the police officer.

What was said or done;

Whether anyone else was there whilst the incident happened (witnessed) and how to contact them(If you this )

If you were hurt or if anything got damaged

Some important and relevant document that you can attach along with your complaint, which will add more weight to your complaint. List of the documents are as mentioned below:-

Photographs showing Injuries

Any prior complaints lodged before the police or any other forum and evidence which

shows that no steps have taken on these complaint.

Proof of daily diary entry

Medical report or any certificate issued by a doctor disclosing the nature if injuries;

If you hand deliver your complaint, keep a copy of the complaint and the papers you have submitted , as well as date stamped receipt with you as a record. If you send your complaint by registered post, always ensure to send it by registered post AD. The acknowledgment receives received will give you proof of your application being sent by the Authority.

If after filing a complaint you can’t a getting a fair hearing you can seek a review of the hearing and/or decision by invoking the writ jurisdiction of the High Courts under Article 226 of the Constitution of India.



Total likes : 1 times


Excellent Replies by Janab Bilal U Gani.

In addition, a Complaint can be filed in the Court of The First Class Judicial Magistrate.     No sanction is necessary.

Total likes : 1 times




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu