Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ishan Rajpurohit ( )     04 April 2012

Company taking back their words on appraisal.

Hi there, I just want to know if this can be termed as cheating and is there any possible legal solution.

"In the Interviews a company promiced me an appraisal review after 6 months" and now they say that perfomance appraisal was done on 1st october and I have joined on 3rd october, hence the next performance appraisal was done on 1st of April and me being not completed 6 months was not qualified for the same... where as you can see that 1st n 2nd october 2011 was a weekend hence they asked me to join on 3rd oct 2011. 

Now the company comes out with a new excuse saying the performance will be reviewed not in october as well but on 1st April 2013 (i.e. 18 months after my joining date, where as me and every one were promiced an appraisal in 6 months.

Please help me out as I am being pressurised by the HR's saying they do not have budget and what we are demanding is not fair. I totally believe this is cheating but I need some expert reviews on this.

Many thanks in advance.

Learning

2 Replies

Pradeep (Proprietor)     05 April 2012

It depends whether the matter of appraisal was told to you verbally or it is in the offer letter given to you.  If it is the former then you can do nothing other than think of moving to another company.  

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 April 2012

Your contention is to get increment in salary after performance appraisal and Hr has already pointed out that due to constraint of funds performance appraisal shall be postponed.

Is there any mention of increment and performance appraisal in your appointment letter?

As advised by Mr. Pradeep, you may exercise the option in your direct control i.e. look for good company with good HR practices, which can offer you better package and position.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register