College denied to give information under rti 2005

Dear Sir,

Please suggest me, I had file RTI application to private B.Ed College in Maharashtra for getting some Information related to last session of that college but they are denied to give information by following letter. 

Our college is permanently on non-granted basis. As per rule of Nagpur bench (MLJ 2009(4)803) if D.Ed. and B.Ed. colleges don’t have the facility of grant likewise non-granted or permanently non-granted colleges will not get any actual grant from government then as per Aurangabad bench RTI 2005 is not applicable to such colleges. 
If there are any updates in RTI 2005 regarding non-granted or permanently non-granted then kindly provide guidance and send us government act (GR). College will provide the necessary details.

Please suggest me on That IF have any update please provide me


Exactly,what information is sought from the college?


If the college is putting the right fact then it can't be forced to furnish information. Then what should be done!? Well, University which granted the affiliation to the college should be questioned under RTI act 2005.



Ask them to give copy or a reference of the Aurangabad judgment cited by them. If they don't,  you can make an application to the appellate officer. If there is not one appointed,  appeal straight to the Information commissioner of your region.


File first appeal to concerning education department !

Hi All,

They gave me attached judgment, its says that "RTI does not apply to Unaided educational institutes"

any other way to get details, Its too urgent for me.

Attached File : 136768711 rti does not apply to unaided educational institutes..pdf downloaded 176 times



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu