LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shakuntala thevar (hr-trainee)     17 January 2012

Cofirmation hold back

hello all im an mba in hr... workin wth a pharma com ive completd my probation period of 6 months as per my appointmnt letter as an hr trainee..but now my employer is saying they wants to extend my probation by 3 more months because they are of opinion that i dont have much work to do ..i also prepare profitability statement because i dont have much work to do ...if they wants to give me more responsibility i welcome it but they dont communicate this  to me..since the comp is very small v r 16 employees i fnish all my work before tat but thts not my problem ....plzzz ppl i welcome yours valuable suggestions as im really tenced about my carrier coz it will be 2 yrs now im working as trainee as i hv done internshp as hr trainee for an year in a recrutmnt firm...plzz suggest..thnxs

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 January 2012

The issue is “there is not sufficient work" and you have taken up extra work, and have delivered on work assigned to you. But even then there is not enough work in the company. This is apparently no valid reason for extending probation period. Probation period is extended if company is not thoroughly satisfied with the performance and feels probationer can be given granted another opportunity to come up to the standards, hence extension in place of termination.

You need to convince your employer that you have delivered on all tasks assigned to you, hence you should be confirmed.

Extension of probation shall be adverse for your vitae.

Look for an opportunity with better companies having good HR practices.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register