Co operative housing societies - mis management

Dear Sir,

I am live in Mumbai and there is mismanagement is taking place, in spite of same pointed out, 

Some time back Administrator was appointed on our society not with anyone's complain, but understand interested party arranged it. As talks for redevelopement is under progress. The illegal activities were brought to his notice in writing, but he ignored them conveniently. Subsequently I wrote to the Dy. Registrar to take action, however there iwas no action from him, set aside  acknowledgement of my letter, though more than one month has passed since the letter was sent.

I understand that you can not challenge this in court directly, but you have to take up the matter with Registrar and then the Minister in order to proceed further with the court.

I request you to please let me know where to send such complaint to Registrar, as i am confused there is office of Registrar in Pune and Mumbai too.

Please help me with you expert advise as to where such letter to be sent, if possible with proper name and address.

Thanks in Advance


Lawyer in Hyderabad.Email

  • You can approach Registrar/Commissiner of Cooperative societies,
    +(91)-20-26122846, 26122847, 26122138
  •  Second Floor New Central Building, Ambedkar Wellesly Road, Pune Station, Pune - 411001, Opposite B J Medical College(Map)

Dear Sir, 

Thanks for your prompt reply, I need more assistance from you. Following is step by step action taken by me.

1. I wrote many letters to Administrator about many illegal issues but he ignored my complaint and allowed non members (members who forged their share certificates), to be on the members list, in spite of my giving him in writing. I wrote many letter to him.

2. Objected with the society in writing on many occassions.

2. Then about one and half month back, I wrote letter to Dy. Registrar requesting him to intervene and take action. Who also did nothing.

3. Now, i am going to write to the Registrar as per address given by you, 

Basis above, please advise me if:

a. Is it okay to wait for about a month after writing to the Registrar in Pune and if no response received for about a month then take next step?

b. Is it necessary to write to Minister for Co Operation before approaching co operative court?  

(from the point of view of filing a suit in co operative court)

c. And if Minister does not respond in one month, then can i proceed to co operative court straight, without co operative court asking me to go back and approach to the authoirities and then approach the court? 

d. Letter submitted to the authorities with acknolwegement are enough for Co operavie court to entertain me?

Thanks for your advice in advance.










Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu