LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MALAY   25 September 2015

Clarification on dispute

WE i.e. me and my brother had been living and doing business on a rented property for more than 60 years since our grandfather’s time. Later on we brought a property in the same area and build our house there. In 1996 we on mutual settlement separated our business and property without any legal agreement. My brother took up business in our own property while we choose to continue our business in the rented property paying my brother some compensation on its behalf. In our own property we decided on a 50-50 share. In 2003 we brought the rented property. Earlier our rent receipts were generated in the name of our forefather’s and we were asked by the landlord to make the purchase in the same name. So for that purpose we brought into being a firm in the same name and made purchases and dissolved the firm within a period of 20 days. Later in 2009 my brother started capturing my share in our own property, against which we filed a case. The case is still going on.

In the present case they have stated about this property (the one we brought later) also saying that we had cheated them and without their concern we purchased the property.

Now I want to know legally if my brother holds any right on my own property which I brought later on. Kindly, guide me with your valuable advice as to how I can handle this matter.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register