LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohan Krishan   19 November 2017

Civil case

I was employed in a company for almost 3 years where they were all along paying me lower than what they had promised. I had asked them several times verbally for App Letter but that was never issued to me. I remained silent since I was looking at continuity of my job. However, over the past 6 months I started raising my voice owing to which they suddenly sent me an email recently asking me to find another job though there was no formal termination. I immediately prepared the Appt Letter as per their format and sent it to their email ID asking them to issue the same to me. They have remained silent since. After waiting for some time I sent them an email again saying that I am taking the said app letter as accepted so that I could apply for other jobs confidently. They still did not respond. Can I deem the App Letter as accepted and also demand the differential salary for them for the past 3 years?

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 November 2017

Management has to issue appointment letter to their employees with their authorised signature and authority stamp. How can you sent it to the management ? You would have to ask them in a proper way. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     20 November 2017

This is a sensitive issue and no one can guide you, you are a better judge and the importance of such employment and your qualifications are only known to you.  The general presumption is that you are not serving the organisation out of love or affection but out of your necessity to support your family.  The same applies to your oganisation also, as they may not get such employee with such salary they are retaining you.   If they can afford more salary, they might have recruited more qualified and experienced one.   Contact a local Advocate experienced in labor matters and always avoid friction in work place when you want job for sustence.  Self respect, ego may not be contributing in such private employment.

Take a decision yourself.

Mohan Krishan   20 November 2017

Thank you for your valuable time. However, i had posted this query from a legal perspective. What I wanted to know is that if the owner was not giving me the appointment letter but had shared the format with me, which I filled in and sent across to him - and after that he failed to issue me the same despite reminders, calls etc, I had no option but to send him the email saying that I am taking my email as accepted and moving forward. Isnt that a valid deemed acceptance of the contents of the appointment letter, which then I can confidently put across to my prospective employers. Thanks.

Mohan Krishan   20 November 2017

Thank you for your valuable time. I have already informed you that I had reminded him several times personally and on calls, emails etc. I couldnt do anything more since I was already out of that place by then. What I wanted to know is that if the owner was not giving me the appointment letter but had shared the format with me, which I filled in and sent across to him - and after that he failed to issue me the same despite reminders, calls etc, I had no option but to send him the email saying that I am taking my email as accepted and moving forward. Isnt that a valid deemed acceptance of the contents of the appointment letter, which then I can confidently put across to my prospective employers. Thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register