LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

biplob   22 December 2015

Cheques

i want to know when a cheque is sign by both payee and drawer in the front page of the cheque whether the cheque is dishonour or not? actually one person withdraw money putting my father's duplicate signature and more over she had put her signature also in the front page of the cheque.Now i want to know whether the cheque is valid or not . please help me

biplob das

Learning

5 Replies

siddhartha sinha   23 December 2015

Dishonour for what reason? Banks have several reasons to return cheques.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     23 December 2015

Why would the drawer sign on the front part of the cheque? Only if it is a bearer cheque the bank will insist on the signature on the backside.U R not clear in UR expression.

siddhartha sinha   23 December 2015

Sainath Sir you meant why will payee sign in front part.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 January 2016

first of all you have not stated whether the cheque was dishonored by bank or not?, if bank has not dishonored the cheque then what is your question?

It is the duty of bank to verify all these details and it has got a statutory rules to be observed while dishonoring the cheque presented before it for payment, if this clause attracts the rules for dishonoring the cheque, the bank may do it accordingly, so it will be too early to render any proper opinion to this query without confirmation of the information sought above. 

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     02 January 2016

when the cheque was signed by both of them then the bank will not encash the cheque due to double signing, hence bounce with the reason as per bank record.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register