LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit Maheshwari (Engineer)     30 October 2012

Cheque bounce case

I entered into a verbal agreement to sell my property (flat in Bangalore) and the prospective buyer gave me a post dated cheque for the same. I submitted the cheque on the given date but it bounced. He kept postponing for few weeks saying he is sending a new cheque and later backed off from the deal. Can I pursue a bounced cheque case against him? If yes, what can I expect as a genuine outcome for this case? He (Buyer) is in Bangalore and I (Seller) am in Noida. Can I pursue the case from Noida? If yes, I request practising lawyers to contact me through personal message (PM)?

Learning

3 Replies

Prasun Chandra Das (Banker)     31 October 2012

Mr Maheshwari - with due respects - please not pursue the matter anymore. Issues like these are burdening the courts already. Just let it go.

Surendra Gupta (Banker)     04 November 2012

Your case if pursued will not stand legal scruitiny as you will not be able to prove the consideration in the court which is a basic reuirement for proceeding under NI Act

AAK (Advocate)     20 November 2012

Most of the false cases are filed by mis-utilising such kind of cheques.. by showing some handloan transaction between the parties a false cases are filed to harrass the accused. As rightly advised by Mr.Dasnot pursue the matter anymore. Issues like these are burdening the courts already.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register