Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

santhosh (Engineer)     05 September 2014

Cheque bounce case

Sir,

I have issued a cheque of Rs 1  lakh for balance payment for purchasing  a flat in chennai.After i tool position on my portion.After i took position i came to know that the builder built a portion which is not approved by Chennai corporation.Then we all flat owners approached legally filed a complaint against him in corporation.Corporation sent the demolishing notice for unapproved flat...In this scenario the builder did not handed over all the parent documents to our flat owners association and in my portion some work is incomplete.In addition to this i came to know that i paid more money than others..In this scenario, at present  now he is telling that he will file a case against me in court....How to escape in this case and how do i face this situation...

regards

santhosh

Learning

1 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     05 September 2014

Your query is not clear. If you have issued a cheque which has bounced a prima facie case under S. 138 of NI Act holds. All your points with evidence will have to be presented to the Court and it will be for the Court to decide accordingly . Meanwhile you may issue a clear notice to the Builder putting forward all your claims and asking not to present the cheque, if not done so far.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register