Cheque bounce

hi this is rajeev from chennai 

 sir i have given an amount of RS 150000 to a person for the supply of construction labour on the contact basis to that person but he failed to supply the labour and in return he made a settlement for Rs 130000 and given me the cheques for the amount and after producing the the chques for couple of times he has cancelled the cheques so i have met the police on this matter and on that issue they have made him to give me new cheques i have prodeuced them int he bank but they have bounced again and he is saying that he will once again cancel the cheques.

in police station his layer also have signed the paper as he have to pay us the amount 

but we dont have any document regarding the deal which was earlier done between us. we just have his cheques so what can we do and how should i proceed

plz make me sure that how could i get my money back thanking you  

Lawyer in

When a cheque bounces the first time, the bank issues a 'cheque return memo', stating the reasons for non-payment. The holder can resubmit the cheque to the bank within three months of the date on it, if he believes it will be honoured the second time.

The other option would be to prosecute the defaulter legally. The first step is to send a legal notice to the defaulter within 15 days of receiving the cheque return memo



Go with the advise of above Expert Adv. Ramachary if you are late to file go with recovery suit or summary suit under Order 37 of CPC




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu