Cheque bounce.

Hi everyone,

I have received a cheque of 5 lakhs for September.

what if it is dishounred by payee as he has changed his house and mobile is switched off.

what should I do legally and how long would it take to get things sorted out.

present cheque in bank before due date, server legal notice in case dishonered.

Changing house and mobile swiching off will not make any diffrence. You have to deposit cheque before its due date and on dishonour you can sent legal notice. If other party dont comply with the legal notice sent then you can approch the court and file complaint in the court.


The querist has Informed that the payee has changed his location/address

So where will the notice be served ???

how can I know the payees account balance to present the cheque to avoid cheque bounce.

In case payee has balance and he is willing to pay, then where is dispute?


he is not willing to pay that's why he has switched off and changed the address.

if I present the cheque it will bounce for sure.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu