Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Senthil kumar (Recruitment)     27 July 2015

Chennai high court appearance for divorce case

Hi Experts,

myself and my wife filed divorce individually in different cities.

my wife transferred my case to chennai.

the high court judge has asked me to appear on thursday.

what will be the discussions and proceedings.

everybody are commenting that the law will be in favor  of female only.(she has given false allegations and demanding for 50 lacs)

what should i do..?

Learning

5 Replies

Harrish21   27 July 2015

Hi,

As per the Family court procedure, you have to appear at the Family court in chennai, Even though you have filed a different petiton in another court, Still the judge will ask you to go for conselling(3 counselling mandatory), Make sure you do not accept any false allegations due to while at the couselling session the counsellors will write down your acceptance and denials, If you do not want to live with her then keep on decline her allegations, Yes it is ture that the court will give first importance to the wife only, However if you are able to prove her false allegations the court will be in favour of you, for further queries you can email me at hmarvio@gmail.com i am also undergoing these agony at the chennai Famiily coutr.

Thanks

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     27 July 2015

As both cases are divorce, the judge will ask you to mediate for resumption of marriage or go through MCD.  He will ask both of you to haggle about the amount, which is the main bone of contention, and not the divorce as both are ready for divorce and come to logical figure.  Strive hard to come to a logical amount, that may help both of you from a lot of mental harassment.

Senthil kumar (Recruitment)     28 July 2015

Friends ,thanks for the suggestions.

she will try to provoke me during the counselling  is what i am guessing.

Prasad (Systems Engineer)     28 July 2015

Senthil...

Yes. "Provoking" is the cheap tactics used by cruel and money minded wives.

You talk only to the mediator always.

If she talsk anything provoking, just tell mediator that "you do not want to respond to any false allegations or provoking statements".

And, be patient to go through the process.

MCD is the best way to part without much delay and the pain of legal process.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     28 July 2015

Do U want reunion or separation? If U want  divorce don't get provoked  and remain sublime as far as UR version is concerned.MCD would have been the best option,instead of filing individually in different cities.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register