Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rakshita (student)     13 October 2014

Change parents name on birth certificate

Hi,

I recently applied for passport under tatkal at passport seva kendra, lalbagh, Bangalore. I was sent back as my parents name on birth certificate includes
Father name : Babu

Mothers name : Lakshmi

And in my cbse 10 std marks card has Father's name as : G. Babu and mothers as Lakshmi Babu.

my driving licence has fathers name as :Ganesh Babu.  My Voter Id , Fathers name as : G.Babu.

I got verification certificate i.e annexure F stating m daughter of Ganesh Babu.

And standard affidavit annexure I as Father name : G. Babu , Mother name : Lakshmi

Now at counter 'C' today had told that i should get my birth certificate corrected. Its on hold for now. Please help me how to go about this. I have to give exam soon so there's urgency in availing passport.

Regards

Raksh*ta

Learning

2 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     13 October 2014

Dear querist ,

first tell what correction you want to do in your birth certificate? You have to file civil suit for this in civil court. Send your full query to my mail id advocate_anish@imap.cc so that i can send you the step by step procedure for this.But you have to mention what name you want to make in your birth certificate and in what certificates you have that name .

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     14 October 2014

Babu n Lakshmi are vital. you shd have filed an affidavit stating that G was inadvertantly omitted and your mother's name once married is either changed or continues her maiden name but she since married added

Babu to her maiden name that should be signed before an oath commissioner or judicial magistrate 1st class then passport authority would have noted and that way your passport would be corrected.

if passport authority fails then you can move a civil application as is suggested by  Mr.Thakur.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register