Change of parents full name in birth certificate

Dear Sirs.

since my parents were converted to islam from hinduism. i got the birth certificate with my parent,s former names.

now i have a problem to apply passport. how i can get a birth certificate with my parents present name?

my father and mother changed their name published in tamil nadu gazatte notification. 

what i have to do for getting the BC. WHEN I VISITED CORPORATION OFFICIALS They told that not can be done. its not possible to get BC with the names changed?


Contact collector office and explain your problem. They will guide you properly.


You cannot change your parent's names in the birth certificate.  If they changed their names subsequent to your birth, since you have mentioned that they have the gazette publication copy with them, along with it, an affidavit stating that their names have been changed subsequent to conversion to the Islamic religion, may be submitted to the passport with the passport application, this will be sufficient  for issuance of passport.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu