Change of name in birth certificate

My name is SARANYA. All my certificates read as SARANYA. But in my BIRTH CERTIFICATE its written as CHARANYA. What is the procedure to change the name in my birth certificate and whom should i approach for that.I am a resident of CHENNAI,TAMILNADU and I was born in CHENNAI.

Advocate and Arbitrator Formerly Civil Judge

You need to make an application to the Government Press to make a publication of name change. The office of the Press is near Higginbothams, Mount Road, Chennai.


hi my name in birthcertificate is albert antony arun kumar but all other marksheet,tc,certificates are arun kumar i did nt apply for passport for this issue.can i change name wth legal way my native  is trichy,place of birth =srirangam


my name is Dinesh kumar.R but in birth certificate is registered as name as dhayalan. what is the procedure to change the name in my birth certificate and whom should is approach for that.


call me for the name change proceddure


In Tamilnadu it is possible to change your name in the birth certificate by producing an affidavit in Rs. 20/- stamp paper with  5 ofthe following attested documents:

1.Passport copy.

2. School certificates

3. Marriage invitation

4. Marriage certificate

5. Ration card

6. Bank pass book

7. Voter identity card 

Any other attested document which supports the spelling correction etc.,

Most of the times the error in names occur due to the mispelling of Indian names into English. Clerical errors also cann.ot be ruled out. 

Long winding lengthy procedures are  inevittable.


DOB.: 04/Dec/1987 Birth Place : SAHARANPUR My Name is Saurabh Goel ......But in birth Certificate My Name is written As SAURABH GOYAL And in all my documents written as SAURABH GOEL How can I make changes in Name in Birth Certificate ?? also In My birth Certificate my Birthplace is written as ROORKEE but my actual birthplace is Saharanpur.(UP) I reside in Roorkee (UK) from borntime.... Is any problems take place in applying Passport???
customer support engineer

Hi im chandhrasekar in my birth certificate my mom's name is written as Jayashree and in all her records including our ration card its bhuvaneswari . can u please suggest me for my mom's name change in my birth certificate. 


Dear Saranya,

You can make an affidavit yourself in 3 simple steps, for change of name by visiting the website

It can be made at a nominal charge.

After downloading the document visit a local lawyer and get his stamp and notarize it as well.







Dear Prathamesh,

Website you suggested is very useful and good collection of documents, and it has also options to prepare documents in HINDI & MARATHI also, i think its unique concept in india........i have not seen any such website in India.


Thank you for sharing such useful information.











Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu