Change of name



i have a friend who married to a muslim girl in delhi in arya samaj temple and got the marriage registered with registrar of marriage there. 

he is working in bangalore . he did not get his wife's name changed then ( in the affidavit for religion change and arya samaj marriage and conversion certificates, also thus the marriage certificate).

Now he wants to change his wife's name according to adopted religion , what procedures should he follow as all documents he has ( vis wife's 10th certificate) are of delhi and only rent agreement is availaible as address proof.



Name changfe could be done by press publication.Also it could be done through Gazette Notification.Contact the Government Press for the forms required for publishing Name change.


Step 1- Make an Affidavit for Change in Name pertaining the valid reasons for changing/correcting the name and make it Notarized from the Notary Public.

Step 2- Newspaper Publication- Publish the advertisement in 2 local Newspaper of your state and preserve the copies of that newspaper in which your statement is published.

Step 3- Write the application to the departments where you want to change the surname with the copy of Newspaper Publication.

To get the affidavit for change in Name in Delhi you can refer this link-





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu