LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vaibhav Pandiya (Director)     10 September 2016

Cell phone bill and lok adalat

I have taken an Aitrel Postpaid Connection in March 2015, all the bills have been regularly paid till October 2015, then it started to have problems with the networks and speed issues and I stopped paying the bills, due to which the bill was overdue as Rs. 15000/- in January 2016.

As I have been assured that the problems are existing due to some repair work, and so I agreed to pay the bill, I made the request to make a part payment, and they told me to deposit Rs. 7000/- but when I deposited Rs. 7000/- my due came below my credit limit (which was Rs. 15500) and so accprding to TRAI rules the numbers must have been activated but inspite of this deposit they have not activated the numbers not only violating TRAI norms but also breaking the promise they made.

I amde repeated requests as it was hampering the work and generating professional loss. even I sent a notice for legal action to them but they have sent no reply.

Now they have sent me a notice for lok adalat for settlement of Rs.9600/- and today I went to Lok Aadalt and when they asked for settlement at 60% I demanded explanation as how they violated TRAI norms and why they did not answer my written comunications stating all things and even TRAI norms, to which they have no answer.

I told them that I will move to consumer forum.

What should I do?

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 September 2016

If you have not settled the matter approach DCDRF.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register