Can we file a suit on a tenant under pagdi system to vacant the property if he owns a house in his own name

I have a tenant who is residing since more than 50 years in my property in Maharashtra under pagdi system.
He owns a house which is in his name and his sons are living there.
My questions are:
1) Can I file a case on him to vacant my property as he owns his own property
2) If I file a case how much time it will take for the case to sort out?
3) do I need to pay any compensation or any amount of money to him
4) what are the chances that the case will be in my favour
Retired employee.

Contact a local advocate that can answer all your questions and can even mediate in between you and your tenant, explaining the legal stand and for settlement without further litigation.



1. You can file a case for eviction only if the tenant has acted in contravention of the terms of Maharashtra Rent Control Act. 2. The time taken for an eviction case can not be predicted. 3. You don't have to pay any compensation if the eviction case is decided in your favour. 4. Your chances will depend on the evidences you submit. It will be prudent to settle the matter mutually.

Total likes : 1 times




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu