LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rampal Singh (bussiness)     04 July 2015

Can session court grant regular bail if nbw by hc order

498a case was registered against me(A1) while I was in USA. Police filed chargesheet and after that lower court issued summons to me. Since I was in US, I could not go and lower court again sent summons for me. Opposite party moved to HC, pleading that NBW should be issued, HC agreed and ordered Lower court to issue NBW. My case is in UP so there is no anticipatory bail. Now, somebody said that even if I surrender the lower/session courts will not give me regular bail as the NBW were issued by High court orders. My case is otherwise quite strong, there is no medical report, no independent witness, no jwellery reciepts. I also have quite strong evidence of her extra-marital affair with photographs. Is it true that since NBW were issued on HC orders, lower and session court will not grant regular bail?

Learning

1 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     05 July 2015

Sir,

Move an application for cancellation of NBW's before the High Court and seek the regular bail from the Concerned Session Court.

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Adv

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register