LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

somen dutta roy chowdhury (abc)     12 September 2015

Can in-laws travel abroad during 498a proceedings for 1-2 yr

My Sister in law has filed 498A and divorce 4 yrs back against my brother in law. She also involve me, my wife along with my father-in-law and mother-in-law. Now 498A has gone for hearing but she is reluctant to appear and missed 2-3 witness dates. I need to travel to US for 1-2 yrs due to my office work. What can be done so that I can travel with my wife and my kid. 

Learning

3 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     12 September 2015

accused can travel abroad if permitted by the court

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     12 September 2015

As U have already presented URself before the hon'ble court earlier,U can seek permission from the court to travel abroad.U will also have to indicate to the court the reasons for UR travel and the period of stay.In case UR presence is needed in between,before leaving U can give a POA to some of UR near and dear to represent U in the court,but the court has to permit it.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 September 2015

If you are an accused, you may have to apply for permission by court permitting you to travel abroad during pendency of this criminal case against you.  cConsult  your advocate on all such further issues, you may get some relief based on the strategies applied according to  local circumstances  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More