Can I go for appeal in State Consumer Forum?
What actually the judge told me was:
If I given orders in favour of you, tomorrow morning 500 complaints will come and fall in my forum. I don’t have time to finish the pending cases. If 500 complaints come and fall in my forum, who has time to read all those complaints? The government should open another 10 forums in Bangalore itself with the existing 6 forums to dispose of student grievances. He then asked if I have any citation. I had one, I gave citation stating student is consumer and revaluation of answer papers come under consumer forum.
This happened in 3 dates. Fourth date my complaint was dismissed. Although I had searched for another citation where it is told that Supreme Court has not completely barred any student from approaching the consumer forum with a grievance.
What he gave in writing is as below:
My consumer forum complaint was dismissed stating that I have challenged the evaluation system of Bangalore University and Bangalore University College. By going through the reliefs sought for the complainant and the pleadings, this forum finds that this case requires detail trial by recording the evidence of both parties as if it is a regular suit, this forum being empowered with summary trial only, thereby all the questions involved in this case cannot be adjudicated in a summary trial. Hence the complaint is dismissed. The complainant is directed to approach the competent court of law necessary reliefs.
My questions are:
- Now can I go for appeal in state consumer forum?
- What is competent court of law?
- Do I need to pay fees again in state consumer forum?
- Do I need to make 3 sets of copies for 3 judges in state consumer forum plus one copy each for each of the opposite parties?
- Or a simple letter stating the above would be sufficient in a appeal letter asking the state consumer forum to look into the matter?
Experts please reply.