Can i get a government pension being a schizophrenic patient

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a 51 years old man having expererienced great sufferings, miseries and extremely bad setbacks both in my marriage and as well as in my occupation due to paranoid Schizophrenia. I have to take medicines for this throughout my life to control its occurence again as the doctor says this cannot be cured. I have lost many private jobs because of this illness and today I do not have a stable employment and earning which can support me. I am dependant on my old and disabled parents for my living. My father who is 85 years old is living on government pension having retired from an autonomous government body. Today he is a patient of Parkinson and Dementia. My mother who is 74 years old is a housewife suffering from Osteoporosis and Osteoarthritis. Both my father and mother are almost disabled and immobile and I have to take care of them physically. I do not have anyone to take care and support me economically except my parents. I do not have any other support from anyone and in future I do not see any support from anyone after my parents death.

My question is under these above conditions and circumstances can I get a government support in the form of a Pension for Life which can take care of my needs so that I do not have to be dependant on my parents at present and tax them further and also I am able to carry on with my own self in future with dignity and honour. If the answer is yes, then please help and guide me further about the entire processes and procedures required in order to successfully get a Lifelong Government Pension for my own self starting from today.

Thanking you,

Yours Sincerely,

Subho Nath Dutta




Mentally retarded son alone is entitled to get family pension ie to get the pension after your parents.Therei no provision to get pension for any disability.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu