LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Malhotra   28 June 2019

Can i apply for passport after the case

Respected, I was working in Gulf Country and as you know, the sponsor company retains employee passport once he/she lands in Gulf. First two or three years was bearable but gradually employer started torturing by not returning the passport whenever i asked to avail holidays to India but suddenly my mother’s health was uncontrolled and I requested to travel immediate on medical emergency but the employer refused to returned the same. Then i decided to fly with the help of forged passport by contacting an agent after paying the lump sum money and my family transferred money from India after selling their jewelery. Then i took flight from with the help of forged passport arranged by an agent and landed to India but while immigration exit i was caught by the immigration officers and they handed over to the local police and resulting i was behind the bars. Then my family members hired the landed city local lawyer and then after 10-15 days i got bail. After getting the bail i was called by the landed city local lawyer every after two or three months for present myself on court dates as well he asked many times for the huge amount of money but due the poor financial condition we could not able to satisfy him and after two to three years he stopped calling me as well start avoiding my calls. My native place is quite far from his city and i was not in position to travel every after two months to his city since i was jobless too after landing India and bringing me back the whole savings and my parent's jewelry was sold out. Now after passing seven years i getting and oversees opportunity in US and i have been selected as well but the problem is i do not have the passport and my first original passport was expired in October 2016. So is it possible to apply for new passport so i could be able start earning and return whatever lost by my parents during the last seven years.

Learning

5 Replies

Rahul Malhotra   29 June 2019

Dear Sir, I was in Dubai and I am not the manipulated person since i have gone through the situation where I had only a option to leave the country and save myself. Thank you for your feedback.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 June 2019

The Statutory Rule

Under section 65(1)(b) of the Criminal Procedure (Scotland) Act 1995, an accused shall not be tried on indictment for any offence if the trial is not commenced within 12 months of the first appearance of the accused on petition in respect of the offence.  If the trial is not commenced within 12 months, the accused shall be discharged from any indictment with respect to the offence and cannot be indicted again for the same offence. 

Rahul Malhotra   29 June 2019

Respected members, The situation was completely uncontrollable and I was forced to take the decision that was not by choice even I wanted to work with them for my family. Since I got the another opportunity for different country so may I reply for the expired passport. Request to please help me out. Thank you for your support.

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 July 2019

What is the status of the criminal case? 

Rahul Malhotra   04 July 2019

I don't know because I tried to call to my lawyer several times but he didn't picked the call and he also stopped calling me since last two years.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register