Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Keshava   06 July 2016

Can duaghters go to court on registered will

Hi,

My father has 2wives in which 3daughters from 1st wife and 2daughters from 2nd wife. I am the only last son from 2nd wife. My father's 1st wife expired 3yrs back.

My father has done a registered will in my name for the house currently we are staying and it is a self earned property of my father. This has been known to my sisters and they are threatening my father that they will go to court if he does not divide the house for equal share to all of them and even my mother supporting them.

After my father death, do my sisters have right on the property? Can they take me to court for the share? my mother has any rights after my father? so please clarify.

Thanks,

Keshava

Learning

5 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     06 July 2016

As per will u were only owner for that property.

Abhishek Upadhye   06 July 2016

Hello, After reading your case , I feel that your father's self earned o property will be divided equally among the two wives as well as the children born out of both the marriage s

JustAdvisor (IT)     06 July 2016

self earned property can be disposed of in any way by your father. however your mother and your minor sisters (if any) may have a right of maintenance. His last will shall prevail and i concur with Adv. Bharat.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 July 2016

The self acquired property can be donated even to Vatican, and there is no law in the world against such dealing of owner on his self acquired property.

P. Venu (Advocate)     07 July 2016

Yes, your father can dispose of the property at his discretion. Any how, the Will takes effect only after the lifetime of the testator. And till that eventuality, the WILL, even if registered, could be revised and/or altered at his discretion.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register