Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hyduser   20 January 2017

Can aregistered gift deed reversal done from donee without incurring any charges

Dear Sir, My brother is an NRI,who is a green card holder and about to apply for citizenhip.He is very very good person.So as is very responsible to our family,my mother gifted an agricultural land (which she bought it from sale deed from other person) and also my father gift registered his house (house is father self earned ).we do not have any objection to that gifts.However as my brother has no interest in any property , he wants to revert giftback to mymother and father. His needs are 1.If he wants to return the registered gift deed back to him,what best he can do to avoid stamp and registration charges(which may amount to lacs). 2.It is sad that he does not want o enjoy the reg. gift deed ,but he is adamant on returning.what is the best procedure so that he would not have to pay again for reverting the gift.is it relinquishment,cancellation of gift deed. 3.He does not want any WILL ,notary but complete removal of his name as claimant /donee. please help,regards

Learning

1 Replies

mahesh   22 January 2017

It is not correct to say that we want to avoide government taxes and charges but by making an family settlement agreement and redigestering it can be a better way out

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More