Can a pvt 498a case be withdrawn back ? ?

How can a pvt 498a case  be withdrawn back ? there is no fir as yet as far as i know.

i do not stay in india , Can the 498a case be withdrawn with me comming to india ?


I meant can the 498a case be withdrawn without me comming to india ?


Lawyer in Hyderabad.Email

Yes.You can withdraw 

practicing advocate

Yes it can be withdrawn by filing a memo by the complainant

is the memo filed at the lower courts or only at high court , me and family have a false 498a pvt complaint case on us.

now if the girl wants to withdraw the case , does she have to go to high court or the lower court is enough ?

uptill now the case has not started and there is no fir as far i as  i know.

Do i or any one from my side has to come to india ? or itcan  be withdrawn by the girl alone ?

Are there any conditions to be mentioned in the withdrawal application /memo ?


if it is filed in lower court as a Pvt. complaint, and if the lower court have not yet taken cognizance of the offence, it means that  no process u/s 204 of Cr.p.c. is issued, than it can be withdrawn, by the complainant herself, for want of prosecution.


Yes it can be withdrawn by her, but take divorce from her if you are paying her to withdraw.

Prakash Legal Clinic Haridwar

Who filed said complaint in court , he/she can withdraw complaint.

Dy Director

such withdrawl may be possible only if there is reconciliation.  The reconciliation may be eithe rto stay with  each other or for MCD.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu