Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ABHISHEK (manager)     25 February 2015

Calls from delhi for credit card payment

Dear All,

My name is ABhishek i am from hyderabad I am continuesly getting calls from Delhi stating that someone have filed a case against me and they are calling from delhi police station & they have got arrest warrant on my name and they are coming in 1hour to  my home.

I used to stay in ABC place and i have vacated from there 6months back as i have lost my job and i was not able to pay my credit card payments if after many calls from the collection firms.Now i got stopped getting calls from the banks but I am getting calls from delhi even to my family members also calls are coming as i never ever mentioned there numbers & address in any of the bank details.

I think they would have sended the legal notice to the old address there in hyderabad but as i am not there i was not able to recieve it.

Now i got the job this month and i need 3months time to clear all the debts in sense within this 3months i can clear the debts.

But how and what can i do now please suggest me sir and get me out of the problem.

Is there any law for the banks that they will get arrest warrant withotut i recieving the notices and is there any law to harrrase my family members who are living in other parts of hyderabad.

?

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 February 2015

Before you admit the debt verbally during calls or in writing consult your lawyer in person with all docs on record.

There are many threads with similar query that you may find useful e.g;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Harrasment-by-icici-banks-recovery-agents-76271.asp#.UUc5U0pFZ_4

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Mental-torture-and-harassment-from-icici-bank-recovery-agent-90503.asp#.VOC_1IKqqko

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     25 February 2015

Dear, First of all try get the documents under which the complaint and all is filed.... I think they must have filed a recovery suit and there is not arrest on recovery suits as such .... Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

(Guest)

i agree with Kapil sir...nothing to worry about arrest..since you have started working again.try to get get a amicable settlment done here by talking to the bank officials...you had borrowed the money and you are entitled to pay it back regardless..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register