Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Dhamdhere (Sr Manager Marketing)     22 April 2013

Calculation of monthly society charges for a condomonium

Good afternoon,

I have a flat in a condomonium of appartments in pune.

Need to know on what basis should the monthly society/maintenance charges be calculated?By monthly society /maintenance charges I mean cost of securty , repair /maintenance of lifts, common area electricity, house keeping etc.

Is there are rule or judegement to that effect?Havent got too much clarity from the Maharashtra Apartment Owners act.

Request an urgent reply

regards

Rahul

Learning

3 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     22 April 2013

In India, the only Legislation that provides considerable guidance in this matter is from Maharashtra, approved by the Commissioner for Co-operation and Registrar, Cooperative Societies.

You have to self procure a copy of "The Maharashtra Co-Operative Housing Society By-Laws" from any local book shop selling legal books / acts, the legislation clearly lays down apportionment of regular Society (RWA - CGHS) charges under various asked heads which may help you understand your question in totality.

Rahul Dhamdhere (Sr Manager Marketing)     22 April 2013

Dear Sir, Thank you for the reply,

The Maharashtra Co - operative housing society by laws" clearly states how society charges should be calculated.

But my question is more pertaining to the "Condomonium of Appartments" which I assume is different from CHS and thus have different rules.

Request you to clarify how  in the case of "Condomonium of Appartments" are the monthly society charges /maintenance charges calculated - as per sq ft or a flat rate for all owners?

regards

Rahul

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     22 December 2015

1.  The parameters of  monthly Service /Maintenance Charges, for a residential unit, are NOT defined in any ACT.

2.  The  bye-laws of the Condomonium, may be formulated appropriately and defined pertaining to charges to be collected on Per Square Feet basis or Per Flat basis.  The bye-laws needs to be approved by the Flat-Owners in tandem and registered /approved by the Registrar of Condomoniums /Society /RWA, for it to be effective on all the Flat-Owners.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
Read Articles: https://hemantagarwal21.blogspot.in/?view=sidebar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register